Join the WRA Team!
At WRA, we're a small group, making a big difference. Together, we are working to make hospitality better for everyone, through advocacy efforts, education of the next generation, and providing a voice for those that we serve, while bringing them together. We are Wisconsin Restaurants. Join us.
We provide resources to keep restaurants in business and preserve Wisconsin's great dining culture. We are Wisconsin Restaurants. Join us.
Membership Engagement Representative – Southeastern Region
The Wisconsin Restaurant Association (WRA) is dedicated to the success of the foodservice and hospitality industry. As an indispensable, one-stop resource for the foodservice industry, WRA and its staff are driven to be the best partner we can possibly be for all current and future members of the association.
We’re looking for a sales professional to prospect potential members in the Southeastern Wisconsin region via phone, email and have face-to-face meetings with prospects interested in membership. The territory will include Milwaukee and Waukesha counties. The ideal candidate will live in this market.
What You'll Do...
In addition to prospecting potential members, the Engagement Representative is also focused building relationships with members in their territory by involvement and attendance in networking and community events.
- Management of own day-to-day activities with a focus on meeting monthly sales goals.
- Sell new memberships to both restaurateurs and industry suppliers in your territory.
- Use the telephone as a key tool for establishing and following-up with leads. High volume outbound sales calling is crucial.
- Deliver initial member benefits to newly sold members and communicate with staff on things that others should be aware of during the onboarding process.
- Attend face-to-face events as networking opportunities to advance your sales. Immerse self in key communities and build word of mouth and credibility by getting involved.
- Conduct benefit reviews with existing members as needed.
- Develop a referral network within your territory by building relationships with WRA board members, suppliers and key restaurateurs.
- Experience in business-to-business sales including cold calling, email and face-to-face prospecting
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to build rapport quickly
- Persistence, a disciplined self-manager
- Confidence in handling rejection
- Ability to handle fast pace and high volume face-to-face interactions
- A competitive, motivated, trailblazing mentality
- Comfort with using various tech tools
- Ability to memorize our suite of services and tailor your presentation based on the prospects' needs
- Capacity to initiate and leverage contacts to build new business referrals
- Ability to excel with minimum supervision from the home office in Madison
- A driven personality with a desire to consistently increase your earnings
- And then the boring stuff…a valid driver’s license, insured and reliable vehicle, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
You're Good At...
- Detail. Pays attention to details to ensure accuracy.
- Organization. Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Sales. Wants to help businesses be better.
- Initiative. Proactively solves problems and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Accountability. Accepts responsibility and accountability for own work and understands the impact this work has on the team and current members.
- Being a Team Player. Works collaboratively with others to achieve common goals.
To Be Successful, you must have…
- A functioning home office with computer and cell phone.
- The ability to attend functions/networking events beyond the typical 8 – 5.
- The ability to travel out of town with occasional overnights.
- A reliable vehicle with auto insurance.
- A valid driver’s license.
- The ability to lift 20 lbs as needed.
- Life insurance with option for additional voluntary life insurance.
- Medical and dental insurance with generous employer contribution.
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending account.
- Generous PTO program and paid holidays.
- Retirement Savings Plan.
- Flexible workday and industry perks.
- Dress for your day office.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Salary + bi-weekly commissions, quarterly and year-end bonus plan.
This is full-time outside sales position that reports to the Vice President of Exposition and Business Development. If you’re ready to have fun working in a fast-paced, constantly changing industry, please let us know by submitting your resume and letter of interest that expresses why you are the perfect fit for this position to email@example.com. Check out our website at wirestaurant.org.