Virtual PROSTART® CAREER & INDUSTRY EXPO
Virtual Format • 2020-2021 Academic Year
For more information, contact:
Alex Vernon | ProStart Coordinator
Teaching Skills. Creating Connections. Inspiring Careers.
- COVID-19 has drastically changed our society, including how teachers deliver instruction and how students learn material. Amidst all the uncertainty, one thing is clear. Students deserve creative and accessible solutions for learning during this unprecedented and challenging environment.
- The weekly Virtual ProStart Expo Learning Series is a unique and impactful way to give students opportunities to connect with hospitality industry professionals, explore different career paths and learn relevant skills from top experts. It’s fun, it’s educational and it’s interactive. Even better? Students and teachers can access the videos and zoom sessions from home or in the classroom – live or on demand.
All Event Components will be Available On-Demand via Video in a Virtual Setting
- 4, 30 min videos per month (Live Zoom sessions)
- Starting in September, lasting through May 2021
- All sessions available on-demand via private YouTube links
Virtual Event Components & Activities
- LIVE Interviews w/ Industry Icons via Zoom: Featured live interviews with some of the state’s most well-known food/hospitality celebrities.
- LIVE Career Spotlight Series via Zoom: Live interviews with people holding unique positions in the industry, including restaurant owner, executive chef, hotel general manager, corporate trainer, distribution sales/marketing, food scientist, food nutritionist, college culinary instructor, equipment sales representative or VP of food manufacturer.
- Culinary Demonstrations with ACF-Certified Chefs: The state’s most talented chefs will demonstrate how to prepare a specialty dish, the art of plating and decorating basics. Demos will be recorded and available on-demand.
- Behind-the-Scene Venue Tours: Video tour of venue operations showcasing unique foodservice & hospitality venues. Tours will be recorded and available on-demand.
- LIVE Tips from HR Experts via Zoom: Talent and recruiting experts will share tips on topics such as mastering a virtual interview, social media dos and don’ts, making a good first impression, and soft skills to set you apart.
Registration Information & Instructions
Registration cost is a one-time cost that includes access to all virtual learning content and sessions for the 2020-21 academic school year (content/sessions released every month). Cost is based on ProStart status and high school student population. And for the first time, we’re opening up this unique ProStart opportunity to middle schools.
- ProStart schools with < 300 students - $250
- ProStart schools with 301-750 students - $500
- ProStart schools with 751-1,500 students - $750
- ProStart schools with > 1,500 students - $1,000
- Non-ProStart schools - add $100
- Middle schools - $200
Are you interested in supporting the Virtual ProStart learning series so students have access to fun, creative and educational learning opportunities? We’d love to hear from you!
Contact Alex Vernon at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.