Funding scholarships on a yearly basis is one of the many valuable programs of the WRA Education Foundation. Any individual, company or organization which desires to establish a permanent scholarship in their name or that of a special person, are encouraged to utilize the WRA EF Endowment Fund.
The process is easy and the benefits are many:
- WRA EF handles all paperwork and processing of the scholarship application process.
- For each $12,500 invested in the fund, a $750 scholarship is typically generated to be awarded through the WRA EF scholarship program in the donor’s name. At the $17,500 level the scholarship awarded is typically $1,000 and at the $25,000 level the scholarship is typically $1,500.
- Donations and contributions to the Education Foundation may be tax deductible as charitable contributions to a 501(c)3 organization for federal tax purposes.
- Endowed scholarships may have donor requests attached to them. For example, donors may designate that the recipient, for example:
- Be a ProStart® high school student
- Work in the donor’s geographical area
- Be attending a post-secondary school in the geographical area
When there is no qualified applicant that meets the desired criteria, the scholarship may be awarded to a qualified student from another area. No scholarships are withheld based on school choice or geography.
- Completed named scholarships are listed on the application. Applications are sent statewide to high school counselor, family and consumer science teachers, teachers that participate in the ProStart® program, to all technical colleges and UW-Stout and are posted on the WRA website.
- Best of all, once the fund is established, the donor creates a legacy and has the peace of mind knowing that an ongoing scholarship will be awarded to a deserving student in their name each year.
|Completed Endowment Funds
ACF Chefs of Milwaukee
American Institute of Wine and Food (AIWF) - Milwaukee
Bernard & Maureen Schreiner
Chef Bill Dougherty
Ernst Florsheim – Chaine des Rotisseurs
Heinz and Lisette Fischer
Herbert & Nada Mahler
Kristin Leffel/WRA Wisconsin River Valley Chapter
Manufacturers’ Agents of the Food Service Industry (MAFSI) - Wisconsin
Miller Brewing Company
Ron & Lillian Heuser
William & Otto Brakebush
WRA Big Four Chapter
WRA Eastern Shore Chapter
WRA Green Bay Chapter
WRA Madison Chapter
WRA Milwaukee Chapter
WRA West Wisconsin Chapter
Endowment Funds in Progress
Edward & Susan Lump
Robert Rich Sr.
WRA South Central Chapter / JoAnn O’Malley
For more information on setting up an Endowed Scholarship Fund, please contact Ed Lump, CEO or Bryan Mowry, Executive Director at 800-589-3211.
Through the WRA Education Foundation, industry professionals have access to valuable training opportunities and programs to develop the future of the industry. The Foundation vision is to advance professionalism through education, scholarships and community involvement to ensure the future success of the foodservice industry.
To support the non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with a tax-deductible charitable contribution, contact Bryan Mowry at 800.589.3211 or pledge your support online.