Dec 15, 2020
Notifications Regarding Grants for Midsize Restaurants Sent - Deadline to Respond is December 18th
On December 3rd, Governor Evers announced $45 million in assistance for restaurants affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The grants are available for restaurants with annual revenues of more than $1 million and less than $7 million.
Unlike previous We’re All In grants, businesses will not have to apply for the grants, but will be identified and contacted directly by the DOR based on state tax records for the business.
According to state officials, notifications were sent around December 11th via email to qualifying businesses.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants must respond to the DOR's inquiry no later than 4:00 PM on DECEMBER 18, 2020. No late confirmations will be accepted.
We’re All In For Restaurants Grants FAQ’s:
What is the We're All In For Wisconsin Restaurants program?
We're All in For Wisconsin Restaurants makes $45 million dollars in CARES Act funding available primarily to restaurants and other targeted businesses that have suffered economic damages from the COVID-19 pandemic and that reported total sales between $1 million and $7 million in 2019. Grants of up to $20,000 will be awarded to qualifying businesses.
Who is eligible for a We're All In For Wisconsin Restaurants grant?
The following criteria are used:
- The primary business activity based on the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code begins with digits 722, 713, or 312 if the business has a brewpub permit with DOR.
- Total sales of more than $1,000,000 but less than $7,000,000 reported on 2019 sales tax returns. Total sales figures were derived from Form ST-12, Line 1.
- Sales tax account is active.
- The business suffered economic damages in 2020 from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The owner or business must NOT be on one of the following lists:
What is the process for receiving a We're All In For Restaurants grant?
- Pre-qualified applicants have been identified using DOR records.
- Pre-qualified applicants will receive a secure email on December 11, 2020 through DOR's My Tax Account requesting they confirm their eligibility in their businesses' My Tax Account through a short, online confirmation page. Businesses not currently registered for My Tax Account will receive a phone call from the Department of Revenue.
- Applicants must respond to DOR's inquiry no later than 4:00 PM on December 18, 2020. No late confirmations will be accepted.
- DOR will distribute grants no later than December 30, 2020.
How much are awards for the We're All In For Wisconsin Restaurants grants?
Most qualified grantees will receive $20,000.
Are grants from the We're All In For Wisconsin Restaurants program considered taxable income?
Yes. Neither federal nor Wisconsin law provides an exclusion from gross income. Each recipient will receive a federal Form 1099-G, Certain Government Payments.
When will I receive my We're All In For Wisconsin Restaurants grant?
DOR will distribute grants no later than December 30, 2020.
What if I did not get a message?
Review your information via My Tax Account and make sure you qualify. Your gross revenue must be above $1 Million and below $7 Million. You may contact DOR via your My Tax Account portal to ask further questions.
Questions? Email or call the Ask WRA Team at 608-270-9950.More Info