STATE OF THE RESTAURANT INDUSTRY
WRA provides accurate, up-to-date information on topics specific to the foodservice industry. WRA members conveniently receive up-to-the-minute news via emails, alerts, e-Newsletters and printed materials as a benefit of membership.
For more information, contact:
Susan Quam | Executive Vice President
THE RESTAURANT INDUSTRY IN WISCONSIN
FACTS AT A GLANCE
- $863 billion: Restaurant industry sales in 2019.
- 1 million+: Restaurant locations in the United States.
- 15.3 million: Restaurant industry employees.
- 10%: Restaurant workforce as part of the overall U.S. workforce.
- 9 in 10: Restaurant managers who started at
- 8 in 10: Restaurant owners who started their industry careers in entry-level positions.
- 9 in 10: Restaurants with fewer than 50 employees
- 7 in 10: Restaurants that are single-unit operations.
(Source: National Restaurant Association)