Join the WRA Team!
At WRA, we're a small group, making a big difference. Together, we are working to make hospitality better for everyone, through advocacy efforts, education of the next generation, and providing a voice for those that we serve, while bringing them together. We are Wisconsin Restaurants. Join us.
We provide resources to keep restaurants in business and preserve Wisconsin's great dining culture. We are Wisconsin Restaurants. Join us.
Database and IT Administrator
The Wisconsin Restaurant Association (WRA) is dedicated to the success of the foodservice and hospitality industry. As an indispensable, one-stop resource for the foodservice industry, WRA and its staff are driven to be the best resource we can possibly be for all current and future members of the association. The Database and IT Administrator plays a key role by supporting staff in our Madison office. As a member of the WRA staff, you will have the opportunity to contribute to some of the most important activities to support our mission.
The position is responsible for maintaining the quality and integrity of the WRA’s iMIS database system and IT infrastructure. In addition, the Database and IT Administrator will be responsible for working with the WRA’s outside network support and VOIP providers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and administer iMIS relational database and other third party systems, including work with Advanced Solutions International (ASI) iMIS team and its third party providers
- Key contact for outside network support and VOIP providers
- Responsible for creating and revising database reports and queries via iMIS IQAs
- Provide user support, work integration and troubleshooting to staff for iMIS, Gift Certificate Manager, 3DCart, and other third party systems
- Adds, changes or removes user accounts for iMIS, Active Directory, Exchange, and other third party systems
- Serves as a system resource for creating recipient groups in Informz
- Sets up iMIS meetings and training for all staff
- Securing, compiling, de-duping, importing and maintaining mailing lists in iMIS
- Documents and maintains system processes and SOPs
- Tests new software and applications and troubleshoots existing applications
- Works with department leads and staff to develop short and long term strategies to support association database and IT needs
- Create personalized iMIS dashboards and reports
- Works with marketing team to maintain functionality of iMIS related web pages and secure strong and secure interaction between iMIS and the website; and iMIS and Informz (email platform)
- Assist in maintaining WRA website
- Administer VMware environment and manage virtual machines
- Works with membership team maintain a clean and functional membership database to ensure member communications, billing and structure flows smoothly
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- Organized, able to work independently and interdependently
- Helpful, positive, and able to solve problems
- Quick study on new computer programs
- Flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize
- Good sense of humor
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of CMS
- Willingness to travel to occasional seminars, conferences and meetings (approximately 5 percent of time)
- SQL database experience, including developing and running scripts - iMIS experience a plus
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports and SSRS
- Knowledge of network servers, virtual machines, local networking and wireless technology
- Microsoft Products (Windows 7,8,10, Server 2008, Server 2012 R2, Exchange Online, Office 365, Active Directory and IIS)
- Physical requirements require bending, lifting up to 40 pounds, moving up/down stairs, sitting/standing
Full-time staff members are eligible for:
- Heath and dental insurance with substantial employer contribution
- Life and LTD Insurance with option for additional voluntary life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-term disability
- Generous PTO program
- Retirement Savings Plan
This is a full-time position that reports to our Vice President of Finance. Salary will depend on experience and industry knowledge. Please submit resume and letter of interest that expresses why you will be the perfect fit for this position. Direct your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Database and IT Administrator in the subject line.