Join the WRA Team!
At WRA, we're a small group, making a big difference. Together, we are working to make hospitality better for everyone, through advocacy efforts, education of the next generation, and providing a voice for those that we serve, while bringing them together. We are Wisconsin Restaurants. Join us.
We provide resources to keep restaurants in business and preserve Wisconsin's great dining culture. We are Wisconsin Restaurants. Join us.
Event and Fundraising Coordinator
The Wisconsin Restaurant Association Education Foundation is seeking a part-time (30 hours per week) Fundraising and Event Coordinator. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment, all while making a difference in the restaurant industry.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead or provide support for Foundation events, from planning, implementation and budget management.
- Coordinate event logistics, including mailings, registration
- Assist in the development of event marketing and promotional materials.
- Work with event stakeholders, including seeking out sponsors and in-kind donations.
- Monitor event timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Lead the Foundation’s silent auction, including soliciting donations, creating signage, overseeing auction set-up and managing payments.
- Lead the Foundation’s annual giving campaign and Dine to Donate program.
- Lead and coordinate the Foundation’s Scholarship program.
- Support the ServSafe program, serving as primary back up to the ServSafe Coordinator.
- Provide administrative support for Board and Committee meetings.
- Coordinate endowment fund administrative activities, including tracking donations, updating reports and drafting donor correspondence.
- Update and manage databases.
- Write general marketing copy for
website, member communications andevents.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience planning and organizing events
- Experience in fundraising
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience managing projects and programs that achieve desired goals
- Experience leading administrative activities with little supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
Competencies important to be successful in this position include:
- Detail-oriented. Pays attention to details to ensure accuracy.
- Organization. Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Initiative. Proactively solves problems and identifies opportunities for improvements.
- Accountability. Accepts responsibility for assigned projects and demonstrates a commitment to quality work.
- Team Player. Works collaboratively with others to achieve common goals.
Did we just describe you? This position allows for much variety in your day and if you truly are seeking a part-time yet career-focused position, this is for you. We offer paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) and more! Let's hear from you. Submit your resume, salary range and a letter telling us why this is your dream position to Connie Fedor at email@example.com.