Do More Than Just Vote
Restaurant Advocacy Day
Join us as we advocate for small business at the State Capitol in Madison!
January 24, 2018 • 10:00 am
Park Hotel, Madison
Gov. Scott Walker is the Featured Speaker
- Talk face-to-face with lawmakers
- Promote small business and the jobs we create
- Tell legislators how the issues affect your business
- ATC - American Transmission Company
- Brakebush Brothers, Inc.
- Culver’s Franchising System, Inc.
- Rocky Rococo Restaurants
- Wendt’s on the Lake
- 9:30 - 10:00 am — Registration
- 9:30 am — Continental Breakfast
- 10:00 am — Program Begins
- Briefing on the Issues
- Question and Answer Session
- 11:00 am — Gov. Scott Walker
- 11:30 am — Lunch
- 12:00 - 2:00 pm — Meetings in Capitol
- 3:00 pm — State of the State Watch Party
- Top of the Park
- 4:30 pm — Retirement Celebration for CEO Ed Lump
Gov. Scott Walker, Gov. Tommy Thompson
Free hors d'oeuvres and cash bar
Luncheon and Briefing
22 S. Carroll Street
Capitol Square Madison
State Capitol Building
Top of the Park @ Park Hotel
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Advocacy Day?
What does the day entail?
Wisconsin is currently controlled by a party I support. Do I still need to lobby my legislators?
I can’t afford to take a day away from my business. Is it really that important that I attend?
What can I accomplish face-to-face that I can’t do on the telephone?
How will I know what to say to my legislators?
The meetings are generally casual in nature – they will simply be conversations to share examples from your business. The best quality you bring to these meetings is just to be yourself, even if you’re nervous. You’re the expert on your own business, and that is what we want legislators to hear about.