Wednesday • April 10, 2019
Restaurant Advocacy Day
Join us as we advocate for small business at the State Capitol in Madison!
Who tells the story of your business better than you? Fill the State Plate with your knowledge of the industry. This is your chance for your voice to be heard.
Overture Center, Madison10:00 am
Featured Speaker TBD
- Talk face-to-face with lawmakers
- Help improve the business climate for small business
- Gain connections and build on your relationships with your legislators
- Governor Tony Evers invited to speak
The day includes briefing sessions, pep rally luncheon at the Overture Center and small group lobbying at the capitol followed by a networking reception.
- American Transmission Company
- 9:30 - 10:00 am — Registration
- 9:30 am — Continental Breakfast
- 10:00 am — Program Begins
- Briefing on the Issues
- Question and Answer Session
- 11:00 am — Guest Speakers
- 11:30 am — Lunch
- 12:00 - 2:00 pm — Meetings in Capitol
Gov. Tony Evers
Event LocationsLuncheon and Briefing
201 State St
State Capitol Building
201 State St
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Advocacy Day?
What does the day entail?
Wisconsin is currently controlled by a party I support. Do I still need to lobby my legislators?
I can’t afford to take a day away from my business. Is it really that important that I attend?
What can I accomplish face-to-face that I can’t do on the telephone?
How will I know what to say to my legislators?
The meetings are generally casual in nature – they will simply be conversations to share examples from your business. The best quality you bring to these meetings is just to be yourself, even if you’re nervous. You’re the expert on your own business, and that is what we want legislators to hear about.