MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Would you like to make a meaningful difference in the lives of tomorrow’s foodservice leaders? Or perhaps you are passionate about “doing good” – and want to give back to your local communities. Whatever inspires you, we offer fun opportunities to get more involved -- such as volunteering at competitions, mentoring students or participating in events.
For more information, contact:
Connie Fedor | Executive Director, WRA Education Foundation
Feeding Dreams & Building Futures
Why I Got Involved in ProStart
Want to get involved? Don’t take our word for it! Hear why WRA members choose to get involved and donate their gift of time and talent to the next generation of foodservice superstars.
"It really reminds me why I chose this industry, and all the opportunities it has offered me." - Lea Culver - Culver's Foundation
"Seeing the light go on in the students' eyes... being able to help be a part of that." - Brian Bergquist - UW-Stout
Promote Industry at Schools
- Be a guest speaker in the classroom
- Conduct a hands-on demo for students
- Offer a field trip to your place of business
- Participate in Career Fairs
Be a ProStart Mentor
- Coach a student competition team
- Provide real-world experience to an enthusiastic workforce
- Gain access to a qualified, interested pool of employees
- Make a lasting impact on students’ lives
Volunteer at Events
- Assist with student culinary and management competitions
- Attend student career and industry events
- Volunteer and assist with fundraising events
Help inspire tomorrow’s chefs, managers, operators, suppliers and foodservice educators by getting involved in Wisconsin’s ProStart® program. Your support helps build the next generation of hospitality industry employees.