Apr 26, 2018
ProStart Program Coordinator
Does working with educators and helping students find a passion for a food-related career excite you? Do you enjoy working in a fun, dynamic and team-oriented environment? Then this unique opportunity could be the perfect fit for you. The Wisconsin Restaurant Association Education Foundation is seeking a full-time ProStart Program Coordinator to lead and implement Wisconsin's ProStart® program. The ProStart curriculum introduces students to careers in the foodservice industry and provides industry-created training in culinary arts and management.
Primary duties will include:
- Maintain strong working relationships with and serve as principal liaison with Wisconsin high schools, teachers and students, promoting the program and providing support as needed.
- Oversee growth of the ProStart program, including outreach to non-ProStart schools and adult workforce training centers.
- Collaborate with the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation on various programs including Certificate of Achievement, Educator Excellence award, student competitions, scholarships and post-secondary articulation agreements.
- Identify and recruit industry mentors and speakers for ProStart schools.
- Facilitate ProStart Advisory Subcommittee, preparing agenda, materials and minutes.
- Ensure program standards and policies are maintained, including data collection requirements.
- Event Coordination
- Lead and manage events including Wisconsin's ProStart Invitational, National ProStart Invitational trip, the ProStart Industry and Career Expo and the ProStart Teacher Training Workshop.
- Organize event details such as location, catering, equipment, speakers, registration, presentation and promotional materials.
- Assist with event budgeting, including handling check requests, invoicing and reporting.
- Solicit, organize and coordinate event volunteers.
- Fundraising and Revenue Generation
- Secure event and program sponsors, as well as in-kind donations.
- Identify and solicit additional funding sources, including grant opportunities.
- Marketing and Communications
- Promote ProStart in meetings and presentations with WRA members, educators and adult workforce groups.
- Assist in the development of the ProStart strategic plan, identifying goals and strategies to grow and improve the program.
- Write and edit communications, including emails, newsletters, brochures, reports and promotional pieces.
- Lead Wisconsin ProStart social media efforts on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Assist in developing earned media opportunities to promote the ProStart program.
- Initiate and lead ProStart alumni outreach efforts, including securing testimonials.
- Other duties as assigned.