Feb 27, 2019
Midwest Foodservice Expo | March 11-13 in Milwaukee
The Midwest Foodservice Expo will take place March 11-13, 2019 at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Midwest Foodservice Expo is the largest regional foodservice event in the state, bringing together all segments of the restaurant, foodservice and hospitality industry.
The Midwest Foodservice Expo provides the latest products, training, trends and solutions, specifically for the restaurant and foodservice industries. Food, beverage and hospitality professionals unite with industry suppliers for new ideas and new products. Attendees find new ways to improve profits, create efficiencies and build business at the Expo.
This year’s Expo is all about foodservice training and professional development with 54 Quick Bite sessions, 25 educational seminars, 11 mixology presentations and 9 hands-on pastry demos.
NOTE: Anyone working in the foodservice industry can attend the Midwest Foodservice Expo. The Expo is NOT open to the public. Registration is $30 in advance (before March 10th at 9:00 pm) or $45 after March 10th at 9:00 pm.
2019 Expo Highlights
- Exhibit hall with innovative products, equipment and services in booths showcasing the latest trends in foodservice.
- Monday’s keynote speaker, Susan Reilly Salgado, presents a keynote address Happy Employees = Happy Customers. Monday at 10:00 am (doors open at 9:30).
- Restaurant Marketing Symposium with seminars and Quick Bites sessions to help restaurants find their unique voice, amplify their brand and drive more business.
- Operations Seminars with business building ideas and best practices for restaurants, as well as Quick Bite sessions on food safety.
- Workforce Seminars and Quick Bite Sessions with solutions for locating, hiring and keeping and top performers.
- Something Special from Wisconsin pavilion features specialty products from Wisconsin-based companies.
- Wisconsin Cheese Pavilion where attendees can sample the best of America’s Dairyland and get ideas for recipes, serving suggestions and ways to incorporate Wisconsin cheese and dairy items into restaurant menus.
- Liquid Lounge where attendees can connect with brand representatives of beer, wine and spirits in a new experiential sampling area.
- BevX Talks by beverage pros demonstrating mixology techniques, recipes and samples at The Bar within the Liquid Lounge.
- Wisconsin ProStart Invitational Culinary and Management Competitions for High School Students Tuesday, March 12th. Teams from around the state will be competing. The winning teams will compete in the national competition in Washington, DC.
- Networking Opportunities at social events for the restaurant industry.
- Bakery Competitions with stunning displays of amazing edible artistry and live bakery action including:
- Extreme Birthday Cake Challenge
- Extreme Wedding Cake Challenge (Fondant & Non-Fondant)
- Creative Cake Decorating Competition
- Wisconsin's Top Cupcake
- Best of the Midwest Pie Contest
- Baker's Best Kringle Contest
- Decorated Cut-Out Cookie Contest
- Wisconsin's Ultimate Donut Duel
- Clash of the Cake Artists (Live Event)
- Pastry Studio hands-on demonstrations where attendees can try their hand at pastry arts creations and learn new bakery techniques.
- Tips from a CPA resource center offering business accounting advice for restaurants.
- Stunning displays in the Tabletop Design Competition where professionally-designed eight-top tablescapes are judged for innovation, functionality, technicality, first impression and cohesiveness – attendees vote and determine the winner of the People’s Choice Award and Social Choice.
- Charitable Auction with daily silent auctions to raise money for the non-profit Wisconsin Restaurant Association Education Foundation and support programs for students pursuing careers in the restaurant industry.
For more information visit: EverythingFoodservice.org
The Midwest Foodservice Expo is produced by the Wisconsin Restaurant Association.
Exhibit Floor Hours
Monday, March 11: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday, March 12: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday, March 13: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Media covering the Expo are not required to pre-register to attend. Just check in at the 3rd Floor Registration Area of the Wisconsin Center at the top of the escalators for a free media pass.