Feb 12, 2020
Midwest Foodservice Expo | March 9-11 in Milwaukee
The Midwest Foodservice Expo will take place March 9-11, 2020 at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Midwest Foodservice Expo is the largest regional foodservice event in the state, bringing together all segments of the restaurant, foodservice and hospitality industry.
The Midwest Foodservice Expo provides the latest products, training, trends and solutions, specifically for the restaurant and foodservice industries. Food, beverage and hospitality professionals unite with industry suppliers for new ideas and new products. Attendees find new ways to improve profits, create efficiencies and build business at the Expo.
This year’s Expo is all about training and professional development with 54 Quick Bite sessions, 25 educational seminars, 6 hands-on pastry demos, 11 mixology presentations and 9 hands-on produce carving demos.
NOTE: Anyone working in the foodservice industry can attend the Midwest Foodservice Expo. The Expo is NOT open to the public. Registration is $49 (Cost was $30 if attendees registered online before February 1, 2020).
2020 Expo Highlights
- Exhibit hall with innovative products, equipment and services in booths showcasing the latest trends in foodservice.
- Restaurant Marketing Symposium with seminars and Quick Bites sessions to help restaurants find their unique voice, amplify their brand and drive more business.
- Foodie Innovation Hub that preps restaurant businesses on everything consumers are expecting. Trending tastes, convenience, sustainable, Insta-worthy moments are all covered here.
Three immersive stations include:
- Foodie Studio: A chef-led, hands-on training area to re-energize culinary creativity
- Foodie Quick Bites: 18 rapid style talks covering topics centered around the heart of the restaurant industry: food
- Foodie Fresh Experience: Sample food. Lots of food. Five stations will walk you through how to win more of the diner’s dollar
- Operations Seminars with business building ideas and best practices for restaurants.
- Workforce Seminars and Quick Bite Sessions with solutions for locating, hiring and keeping and top performers.
- Something Special from Wisconsin™ pavilion features specialty products from Wisconsin-based companies.
- Wisconsin Cheese Pavilion where attendees can sample the best of America’s Dairyland and get ideas for recipes, serving suggestions and ways to incorporate Wisconsin cheese and dairy items into restaurant menus.
- Liquid Lounge where attendees can connect with brand representatives of beer, wine and spirits in an experiential sampling area.
- BevX Talks by beverage pros demonstrating mixology techniques, recipes and samples at The Bar within the Liquid Lounge.
- Wisconsin ProStart® Invitational Culinary and Management Competitions for High School Students Tuesday, March 10th. Teams from around the state will be competing. The winning teams will compete in the national competition in Washington, DC.
- Networking Opportunities at social events for the restaurant industry.
- Bakery Competitions with stunning displays of amazing edible artistry.
- Pastry Studio hands-on demonstrations where attendees can try their hand at pastry arts creations and learn new bakery techniques.
- Tips from a CPA resource center offering business accounting advice for restaurants.
- Charitable Auction with daily silent auctions to raise money for the non-profit Wisconsin Restaurant Association Education Foundation and support programs for students pursuing careers in the restaurant industry.
For more information visit: EverythingFoodservice.org
The Midwest Foodservice Expo is produced by the Wisconsin Restaurant Association.
Exhibit Floor Hours
Monday, March 9: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday, March 10: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday, March 11: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Media covering the Expo are not required to pre-register to attend. Just check in at the 3rd Floor Registration Area of the Wisconsin Center at the top of the escalators for a free media pass.