Ten Ways to Support Employees During Coronavirus
As we all struggle to deal with the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic, employees look to their leaders in times of crisis. As an employer, you play a critical role in helping your employees navigate change – whether that’s sharing helpful information or listening to their concerns and worries. Here are 10 ways you can support employees over the next few days, weeks and months.
- Be empathetic. Acknowledge the devastating impact of the situation and reassure them it is the situation, not them. Reach out to employees weekly to stay connected.
- Provide a step-by-step guide for employees on how to apply for unemployment benefits
- Share information on how to apply for government assistance programs
Wisconsin Department of Health Services – Health Care/BadgerCarePlus
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Make decisions that best ensure employees can receive compensation, whether keeping them employed or laying them off so they qualify for unemployment benefits
- Share links to job sites that offer temporary employment
- Donate a portion of Gift Certificate sales to benefit employees
- Open up your restaurant’s freezer/pantry so they can feed their families
- Share tips on staying healthy and virus-free during the Coronavirus pandemic
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - How to Protect Yourself
- Create a private Facebook group for employees. Encourage them to stay connected with you and other coworkers.
- Share free resources on mental health support services for anxiety, depression and isolation
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Disaster Distress Hotline 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
Anxiety and Depression Association of America – Resources on Managing Coronavirus Anxiety and Isolation
Together, we’ll get through this.