Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee
Milwaukee is set to host one of its biggest events. The Democratic National Convention (DNC) is a tremendous opportunity for local restaurants to showcase the Milwaukee area’s amazing restaurants and genuine hospitality.
Thank you to VISITMilwaukee for the information provided on this website.
What to Expect
- 50,000 visitors to Milwaukee
- Over $200 million economic impact
- More than 1,500 events throughout the region in just four days
- Over 400 buses transporting delegates and attendees
- More than 15,000 hotel rooms in the Greater Milwaukee area and regionally from Kohler to Madison to Lake Geneva
- Huge economic opportunity for everyone in and around Milwaukee
- Businesses big and small from all over the city and around the region playing a part to make this event successful
Prepping for 2020:
Connecting with the DNC
$200 million economic
Wednesday, July 31
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield 1200 S Moorland Rd. Brookfield, WI 53005
No matter what industry your business is in, the economic opportunities of the DNC are huge. How are you planning to get plugged in to make sure your business benefits?
Come learn tactical strategies on making the most of the convention that is putting Milwaukee and southeast Wisconsin in the national and global spotlight.
Cost: $50 per person
Presented by the Waukesha County Business Alliance
Contact the WCBA Office at 262-542-4249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DNC 2020 FAQs
Restaurants have an incredible opportunity when the Democratic National Committee is in town between July 13, 2020 and July 16, 2020. To prepare, these frequently asked questions have been generated to help owners and operators prepare. As we get closer to the event, we will update and add information for members.FAQs
Get Your Business Involved
If you are interested in doing business with the 2020 Bid Committee or Local Host Committee, visit the Supplier Registration Portal at milwaukee2020.myconnxion.com/user/login.
If you are interested in volunteering during the 2020 Democratic National Convention, sign up at milwaukee2020.com to be contacted about opportunities.
Tips for Restaurants and Hotels
- Be prepared to change your hours. As delegates return to the areas where their hotels are located, they will be looking for after-hours food and drinks.
- Take down all online published room rental pricing and take prices off of menus, including catering menus. You need to be prepared to be able to customize your offerings and pricing depending on what clients ask for.
- Do not over-extend beyond what is in your
wheel houseas an operation. For example: don’t serve breakfast if that is not something you normally do.
- Take a look at your catering contracts and make sure that you ask for substantial nonrefundable deposits. Many groups associated with this convention will be looking at multiple locations at once. You do not want to think that your space is booked and then be dropped at the last minute.
dnc exclusive vendor contract
The Good Land Committee (the official name for the DNC Host Committee in Milwaukee) is developing an exclusive list of restaurants for those who are not familiar with the area to connect with for possible business.
To become an exclusive vendor requires a contract with the committee that does come with a cost as a percentage of the resulting contract. Remember that they are providing a valuable marketing service for facilities and do vet the groups to ensure that they are legitimate.
This may be a very good option for many venues, but be sure to read the contract carefully so you understand the requirements and stipulations of the contract.