Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee
Milwaukee is set to host one of its biggest events. The Democratic National Convention (DNC) is a tremendous opportunity for local restaurants to showcase the Milwaukee area’s amazing restaurants and genuine hospitality.
Thank you to VISITMilwaukee for the information provided on this website.
What to Expect
- 50,000 visitors to Milwaukee
- Over $200 million economic impact
- More than 1,500 events throughout the region in just four days
- Over 400 buses transporting delegates and attendees
- More than 15,000 hotel rooms in the Greater Milwaukee area and regionally from Kohler to Madison to Lake Geneva
- Huge economic opportunity for everyone in and around Milwaukee
- Businesses big and small from all over the city and around the region playing a part to make this event successful
Get Your Business Involved
If you are interested in doing business with the 2020 Bid Committee or Local Host Committee, visit the Supplier Registration Portal at milwaukee2020.myconnxion.com/user/login.
If you are interested in volunteering during the 2020 Democratic National Convention, sign up at milwaukee2020.com to be contacted about opportunities.
Tips for Restaurants and Hotels
- Be prepared to change your hours. As delegates return to the areas where their hotels are located, they will be looking for after-hours food and drinks.
- Take down all online published room rental pricing and take prices off of menus, including catering menus. You need to be prepared to be able to customize your offerings and pricing depending on what clients ask for.
- Do not over-extend beyond what is in your
wheel houseas an operation. For example: don’t serve breakfast if that is not something you normally do.
- Take a look at your catering contracts and make sure that you ask for substantial nonrefundable deposits. Many groups associated with this convention will be looking at multiple locations at once. You do not want to think that your space is booked and then be dropped at the last minute.
Meeting on DNC for Area Restaurants
APR 29, 2019 | 3:00PM - APR 29, 2019 | 5:00PM
DNC2020 – What it Can Mean For Your Restaurant
Date: Monday, April 29, 2019
Time: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Location: Italian Community Center
631 E Chicago Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Price: No Charge – however, to properly plan for light appetizers, we need you to RSVP
Food: Light Appetizers and Cash Bar
Thank Joe Bartolotta for the free use of the facility and the donation of food for this event.
Wonder what the DNC2020 can mean for your business? Attend this informational session put on by the Wisconsin Restaurant Association and the WRA Milwaukee Chapter to find out how to benefit and what the impact will mean for your business when the DNC is in town, July 13-16, 2020 and the impact will be felt throughout the SE region of our state. It is particularly important to attend if you have any banquet facilities, are within a 6 block radius of Fiserv Forum, or you are interested in finding out how you can take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity. Past Convention planners, representatives from VISIT Milwaukee and others who have been part of the process will present and provide you with their insights on how this event can impact your business.